Position Summary: Our client is in search of a Cloud Architect for a full time opportunity, multi-year contract role.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent medical, dental benefits and 401k
Key Technical Skills: Design of cloud framework, Prior architecture experience, Azure, AWS, Cloud, Paas, IaaS
Knowledge of: Java, Tomcat, MQ, Web Services, and security service, experience in converting traditional multi-tier applications to cloud based system
Responsibilities for this position include
- Interpret customer requests and take appropriate action to produce high levels of customer satisfaction that are balanced with business needs
- Plan and co-ordinate new client deployment and upgrades to existing clients
- Work effectively on a global team with clients, product managers and offshore development engineers.
- Develop business and functional requirements document based on client requirements.
- Defining and managing multiple priorities
- Working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline
- Participate in full lifecycle software development
- Make best design and implementation decisions to ensure quality and efficiency
- Develop applications and features through use of offshore development team and review the work results
- Conduct project design reviews and code reviews
Qualifications for this position include:
- 8+ years as a Systems Architect
- 6+ years developing in the cloud design area
- Strong background in PaaS and/or IaaS
- Knowledge of Azure and/or AWS
- Previous experience implementing framework for cloud systems
- Strong academic record – Bachelors minimum required
- Capable of leading offshore team of developers
- Excellent communication skills
- 5+ years of design experience
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible
- Must be a fast learner and multi-tasker.